Muni’s First Day at SF’s New Transbay Transit Center | SoMa
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Transbay Transit Center (Bus Plaza) | Beale and Mission, San Francisco, CA
While the full Transit Center, including the Grand Hall entrance and rooftop park, isn’t scheduled to open until later this summer, Saturday, June 16, 2018 is Muni’s very first official day at the new Transbay Terminal (aka “Salesforce Transit Center”).
After starting off slow with a soft launch of just the 5 Fulton back in December, on Saturday, four more muni lines will start operating at the transit center including the 7 Haight and 38 Geary.
When complete in 2025, Caltrain and high-speed rail will be underground with six tracks, AC Transit and Muni #108 to Treasure Island upstairs on the bus deck; there will be a BART/Muni underground pedestrian connector to Embarcadero Station, plus a new 5.4-acre city park on the roof.
Muni Opening Day: Salesforce Transit Center
Starting Saturday, June 16. 2018 | 7 am to 7 pm
Salesforce Transit Center, Outdoor Bus Plaza, SF
Bus bays are on the Fremont side of the Bus Plaza, between Natoma and Minna
The outdoor bus plaza is located at the eastern end of the building between Fremont and Beale Streets, serving Muni, Golden Gate Transit, and SamTrans buses.
Phase 1A – Saturday, June 16: Muni Transit Service Begins
5 Fulton (moved into Transit Center December 2017)
5R Fulton Rapid
38R Geary Rapid
Phase 1B – Summer 2018: Full Opening, Additional Transit Service Begins
Muni 6 Haight/ Parnassus
Muni 25 Treasure Island
The major Transit Center elements include:
- A Grand Hall entrance lobby and a rooftop public park
- Two-block-long bus deck for AC Transit buses, WestCAT, Amtrak Thruway and Greyhound buses and Muni service to Treasure Island (#25)
- Street-level bus plaza serving seven major Muni lines
- Three-platform, six-track train station underground
- Multi-level building retail space, bicycle parking and administrative offices
- Ancillary projects include a public plaza on Mission Street west of Fremont Street