SF Zoo Free Day: East Bay Residents | Alameda & Contra Costa Counties
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Francisco Zoo | 1 Zoo Road, San Francisco, CA 94132
Free / Learn More
Submitted by the Event Organizer
SF Zoo’s Brand New Free Thursdays | September 2019
In celebration of its 90th anniversary this year, San Francisco Zoo & Gardens is opening its doors Thursdays in September to Bay Area communities with extended hours, special activities and free admission.
The event is SF Zoo’s way of being a “good neighbor” and thanking its constituents who come from throughout Bay Area to enjoy one of Northern California’s most popular family destinations, by receiving free admission for locals according to their place of residence.
Good Neighbor Free Days will take place every Thursday in September and targeted to different Bay Area communities each week.
San Francisco Zoo Free “Good Neighbor Days”
Be Sure To Check The Schedule Before Visiting
- Thursday, September 5 – South Bay Residents (San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties)
- Thursday, September 12 – San Francisco Residents (San Francisco County)
- Thursday, September 19 – East Bay Residents (Alameda and Contra Costa Counties)
- Thursday, September 26 – North Bay Residents (Marin, Napa, Solano and Sonoma Counties)
Visitors must bring a valid I.D.; each adult must provide proof of residency by providing one of the following:
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid identification card
- A utility, phone, or other local bill with your name and address, along with a current, valid photo I.D.
As part of Good Neighbor Free Days, the Zoo is open one hour later each Thursday, hours will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. In addition to free admission, the Zoo will host a special Happy Hour with both kid and adult beverages and entertainment from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.