- BART to Glen Park Station and transfer to MUNI bus 23-Monterey to stop at 19th Avenue and Sloat Boulevard
- BART to Daly City and transfer to MUNI bus 28-19th Avenue to stop at 19th Avenue and Sloat Boulevard
- BART to Balboa Station take a K train towards St. Francis Circle. Get off at the St Francis Circle stop. Walk west down Sloat one block to 19th Avenue.
- Coming from the Peninsula or East Bay, take BART to Balboa Park and transfer to a K train towards St. Francis Circle. Get off at the St Francis Circle stop. Walk west down Sloat one block to 19th Avenue.
Bike Valet Service
- Store your bike at the Festival’s free bike valet at the main entrance to the park at 19th and Sloat Boulevard.
- Bike valet opens at 10:00 a.m. and closes one hour after the concert ends.
- Bikes are not allowed in the Concert Meadow or Esplanade area of Stern Grove.
A limited number of handicapped permit parking spaces will be available on a first come, first served basis along Sloat Boulevard, just past the main entrance to Stern Grove at 19th Avenue and Sloat. There is no other designated parking area.
There is no public parking area at Stern Grove on concert Sundays. Parking in the area is extremely limited.
As a benefit of completing your shift, volunteers are given snacks, drinks, onsite parking and reserved seats during the concert. Volunteers are required to work a minimum 4 hour shift. All volunteers are encouraged to enjoy the concert’s headliner, but please note that some jobs require at least one volunteer to be present and volunteers may take turns watching the performance. Sign up to volunteer.
Stern Grove Festival’s Kids Days are free interactive arts education programs for children ages 4-11. Kids Days are free and open to the public. Advance registration is required. Children must be accompanied by an adult guardian (no drop-offs).
Kids Days with Arenas Dance Company
Learn about Cuban folkloric dance and music with Arenas Dance Company.
July 9-11 from 11 am-2 pm
Kids Days with Afro-Urban Society
Explore modern African dance with Afro-Urban Society.
July 16-18 from 11 am-2 pm
Kids Days with San Francisco Ballet
Explore global dance styles with instructors from San Francisco Ballet.
July 23-25 from 11 am-2 pm
In 2019, Stern Grove Festival will present three Kids Camps in Residence.
Kids Camps are provided free to children participating in the summer programs at these locations.
Local teaching artists will present hands-on, interactive workshops exploring music, dance, and spoken word.
From noon – 1:30 pm before every Sunday concert, kids of all ages can experience hands-on art projects, a musical instrument exploration station, and dance workshops with local teaching artists at KidStage in the West Meadow.
- June 16 – Hip-hop dance with Jessica Recinos
- June 23 – Cuban dance with Jessica Recinos
- June 30 – Hip-hop dance with Paula Plessas-Hall
- July 7 – Percussion demo/workshop with Rising Rhythm
- July 14 – Vogue dance with Jocquese Whitfield
- July 21 – Reggae/dancehall dance with Shemica Johnson, printmaking with Youth Art Exchange
- July 28 – Ballet with San Francisco Ballet
- August 4 – Youth dance demo/workshop with Rising Rhythm, printmaking with Youth Art Exchange
- August 11 – West Coast Swing dance with Mission Swing, printmaking with Youth Art Exchange