SantaCon 2014: City-Wide Santa Pub Crawl | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Union Square Park | Geary and Powell, San Francisco, CA
This flash mob-type event brings together hundreds of slightly sober people dressed in Santa costumes parading around the city, visiting landmarks (like walking down Lombard Street) drinking at bars, and causing general mayhem.
And just so you know, wearing a santa hat isn’t enough… get yourself a full-on santa suit.
Saturday, December 13, 2014 | Noon
Meet at Union Square Park, San Francisco
FREE – RSVP on Facebook
The main rules:
1) Wear a full-on santa suit
2) Don’t be a drunken jerk; don’t mess with the police, bartenders, or kids
3) Download Santa’s song book
4) Bring a toy to donate at Union Square (optional, but awesome)
For More Information:
2014 SantaCon Details
Toy Donations | Union Square | 11:30 am to 1:30 pm: Bring a toy to with you to Union Square first thing, before you hit the bars or the flask. There will be a SFFD fire truck parked outside of the Handlery Union Square Hotel, located at 351 Geary Street. Cash donations are also okay; just make sure you only give cash to uniformed SFFD personnel.
Here are the guidelines for toys:
- Bring something for a kid 12 years old or under.
- Bring a NEW toy, not some piece of crap you have lying around the house. Put some effort into it OK?
- Don’t wrap it.
- For girls, they especially need gifts for older girls. Arts and Crafts kits and dolls are in high demand. For boys, they need sports equipment. Don’t get all PC and lecture Santa about toys and gender roles. Give the kids what they want.
DNA Lounge (official party) – 375 11th Street
The Bootie SF Santacon Afterparty featuring Bootie SF Mashup madness
Doors open at 9 pm – goes till after hours – Fully dressed Santas get in free
Club OMG (official party) – 43 6th Street
Doors open at 1 pm – No Cover; Drink Specials
Wish Bar and Lounge (official party) – 1539 Folsom
Dancing and prizes for the best costumes, plus other surprises from noon to 2 am
800 Larkin - 800 Larkin Street
Burning Man camp, Duckpond throw their annual party with a full DJ lineup and fun for all
No cover. Doors open at noon.
Mayes Oyster House – 1233 Polk Street
DJs – food available – They also accept toy donations here
Open at 11 am
Rouge Nightclub and Lounge/Nick’s Crispy Tacos – 1500 Broadway Street
Doors are open at 10 am for Bottomless Mimosa Brunch and after party with DJ Sk0step
No cover – food available
Taps Social House and Kitchen – 1516 Broadway Street
SantaCon party with 45 beer taps, 15 wine taps, cocktails and special Christmas Punch starting at 11 am. RSVP is recommended.
2014 Routes – All Day Parties and After Parties.
Not all bars want to be listed here. Some bars are thinking of banning Santa. Don’t be the Santa that gives Santacon a bad name. Don’t be an asshole. The listed bars are the ones who are really looking forward to seeing Santa. TREAT THEM WELL. Most bars in the area have been warned/know that Santa is coming.
Thanks to the Santa out there who took all the bars on the routes and put them on a map for you here.
Head up Market Street to the Castro
- Lookout – 3600 16th (Castro-Market)
- Cafe Flore – 2298 Market (Noe)
- Moby Dick – 4049 18th (Noe/Castro)
- Twin Peaks – 4049 18th St (17th/18th)
- The Mix – 4086 18th (Noe/Castro)
- Harvey’s – 500 Castro (18th/19th)
- Badlands – 4121 18th (Castro/Collingwood)
- Lucky 13 – 2140 Market (15th – Church)
- Pilsner Inn – 225 Church (15th-Market)
- Lower Haight Route
- Follow the Market/Castro route then hang a right at Church St. and make your way to Haight.
- Nickie’s – 466 Haight (Fillmore/Webster)
- Noc Noc – 557 Haight (Fillmore/Steiner)
- Molotov’s – 582 Haight (Fillmore/Steiner)
- Danny Coyle’s – 668 Haight (Pierce/Steiner)
Upper Haight Route
Take a cab to the Upper Haight or consider walking
- Aub Zam Zam – 1633 Haight (Belvedere/Clayton)
- Hobson’s Choice – 1601 Haight (Belvedere/Clayton)
- Club Deluxe – 1511 Haight (Ashbury/Clayton)
Polk Gulch/Tenderloin Route
Saunter over from Union Square. It’s not that far.
- Lefty O’Doul’s – 333 Geary (Mason/Powell)
- R Bar – 1176 Sutter (Polk/Larkin
- Ha-Ra – 875 Geary Street (Larkin)
- The Brown Jug – 496 Eddy (Hyde)
- Fly Bar – 1085 Sutter (Larkin)
- Amsterdam Cafe – 937 Geary (Polk /Larkin)
- Whiskey Thieves – 839 Geary (Larkin/Hyde)
- Aunt Charlies – 133 Turk (Jones/Taylor)
- Gangway – 841 Larkin (Geary)
- McTeague’s Saloon – 1237 Polk (Sutter/Bush)
- Shanghi Kelly’s – 2064 Polk St
- The Basement – 222 Hyde St
- Ace’s – 998 Sutter (Hyde/Leavenworth)
Chinatown/North Beach Route
Head up Grant Street
- Li-Po – 916 Grant (Washington/Jackson)|
- Rogue Ales – 673 Union (Powell/Stockton)
- Bacchus Kirk – 925 Bush (Jones/Taylor)
- Mr Bings- 201 Columbus at Pacific.
- Grant and Green- 1371 Grant.
- Vesuvio Cafe – 255 Columbus at Jack Kerouac.
- Kells Irish Restaurant and Pub. – 530 Jackson at Columbus
- Tope- 1326 Grant near Green
- Condor Club- 560 Broadway at Columbus
- Maggie McGarry’s – 1353 Grant (Green/Vallejo)
- Savoy Tivoli – 1434 Grant (Green/Union) 362-7023/Juan
- North Star Cafe – 1560 Powell (Powell/Green)
- The Saloon – 1232 Grant (Bway/Fresno)
- Columbus Café – 562 Green (Columbus/Grant)
- Specs’ Twelve Adler – 12 William Saroyan (Bway/Columbus)
- Gino & Carlo – 548 Green (Columbus/Grant)
- Amante – 570 Green (Columbus/Grant)
- Tony Nik’s – 1534 Stockton (Columbus/Green)
- The Boardroom – 1609 Powell (Green/Union)
- Kennedy’s – 1040 Columbus (Chestnut/Francisco)
- International Sports Club – 1000 Columbus (Chestnut)
From Union Square Santa will either follow the Mission/Castro route and take a left on Valencia or jump on BART at Powell St. and get off at 16th street. From there Santa walks over to Valencia. There are tons of bars on Valencia between 16th and 17th and on 16th between Valencia and Guererro. Keep in mind that hipsters sleep late so some bars may not be open until 2-3 pm.
- Phoenix – 811 Valencia (19th) – Opens at 9:30 am
- Elixir – 16th and Guererro – Open at 9AM
- Delirium – 3139 16th (btwn Valencia & Guererro) – Opens 1 pm
- Blondies – 540 Valencia (16th) – Opens 2 pm
- Doc’s Clock – 2575 Mission (21st and 22nd) – opens at 4pm
- Esta Noche – 16th at Mission (3pm)
- Lexington – The Only Lesbian Bar in San Francisco – (5 pm)
- Latin American Club – 3286 22nd (Valencia)
- Make-Out Room – 3225 22nd (Mission)
- 500 Club – 500 Guerrero St
- Casanova- 527 Valencia
- Dalva – 3121 16th
Santa can’t count all the bars here.
- Club OMG – 43 6th street
- Club 93 – 93 9th Street (at Mission).
- End Up -6th & Harrison
- Hole-in-the-Wall -(10th & Folsom)
- Powerhouse – (10th & Folsom)
- Eagle – 398 12th
East Bay Santas
Meet at Heinolds – Jack London Sq. at 10AM. Take the 11:30 am ferry to the SF Ferry Building ($6.25), arrive at 12N and cut your own path or take a cab/BART to Union Sq. FYI, Clipper Cards are accepted on the ferry.
Everything is subject to change – Dates, times, locations… check sanfranciscosantarchy.wordpress.com before heading out.
For More Information:
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, Fairs & Festivals, Fun & Games, KFOG, San Francisco, San FranFREEsco, Tree Lightings & Holiday Festivities