SantaCon 2015: City-Wide Santa Pub Crawl | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Union Square Park | Geary and Powell, San Francisco, CA
“SantaCon” or “Santarchy” is San Francisco’s annual city-wide Santas-only pub crawl happening on Saturday, December 12, 2015.
This flash mob-type event brings together hundreds of slightly sober people dressed in Santa costumes parading around the city, visiting landmarks (like walking down Lombard Street) drinking at bars, and causing general mayhem.
And just so you know, wearing a santa hat isn’t enough… get yourself a full-on Santa suit.
The main rules:
- Wear a full-on Santa Claus suit
- Download Santa’s Song Book
- Bring a toy to donate at Union Square (optional, but awesome; see guidelines below)
- Santas, remember the 5 F’s:
- Don’t F with police
- Don’t F with kids
- Don’t F with security
- Don’t F with bartenders
- Don’t F with Santa
Toy Donations | Union Square | 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
Bring a toy to with you to Union Square first thing, before you hit the bars or the flask. There will be a SFFD fire truck parked outside of the Handlery Union Square Hotel, located at 351 Geary Street. Cash donations are also okay; just make sure you only give cash to uniformed SFFD personnel.
Here are the guidelines for toys:
- Bring something for a kid 12 years old or under.
- Bring a NEW toy, not some piece of crap you have lying around the house. Put some effort into it, yeah?
- Don’t wrap it.
2015 Bar Routes
Photo: Guest of a Guest
In 2015, in true SF fashion, Santa goes start-up: Banter, the “Waze for nightlife”, has put together the largest SantaCon bar lineup ever.
> Download the Banter App
Download and check the app to see which bars are Santa-friendly, which have specials, DJs, etc. Also see photos being shared by other Santas to see where the Santamobs are in real-time.
Over 60 bars throughout the city are participating and some will have specials, DJs, contests, etc.
2015 Bar Specials Preview
- Doc’s Clock: $2 PBR, $3 well drinks
- Range: 20% discount on all drinks for Santas
- Harlot: Free admission and complimentary drink to Santas
- Club OMG: Awesome lineup of DJs plus $4 vodka drinks
- Wish Bar & Lounge: Best Santa Costume Every Hour
Please Note: Some bars that have participated in the past have told them that in 2015 they will NOT welcome Santas, so make sure to check back here to avoid going to a bar that will not welcome jolly Santas.
2015 All Day Parties and After Parties
Some Santas like to find a place to hang all day or need a place to go dancing. Click the links for details and DJ lineups.
- Hawthorn – Hosted by BottlesTonight
- Mayes – Hosted by Crossroads
- The 13th Annual Elf Party – The Regency Center:
- DNA Lounge (official party) – 375 11th Street
The Bootie SF Santacon Afterparty featuring Bootie SF Mashup madness
Doors open at 9 pm – goes till after hours – Fully dressed Santas get in free before 11 pm
- Club OMG (official party) – 43 6th Street
Doors open at 1 pm – No Cover; Drink Specials
- 800 Larkin – 800 Larkin Street
Burning Man camp, Duckpond throw their annual party with a full DJ lineup and fun for all. No cover. Doors open at noon.
- Mayes Oyster House – 1233 Polk Street
DJs – food available – They also accept toy donations here. Open at 12 noon.
Throwing a pre-party or after-party? Order booze from the Saucey app and use code SANTACON to get $10 off your first order. If you find the “Saucey Santa”, share a photo with him on Banter for a chance to earn $100 in Saucey credit
Everything is subject to change – Dates, times, locations… check SF SantaCon Facebook before heading out.
For More Information:
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, Fairs & Festivals, Fun & Games, KFOG, San Francisco, San FranFREEsco, Tree Lightings & Holiday Festivities