Free Unlimited Bike Rentals on “Bike to Work Day”
What better day to commute to work on two wheels? In honor of Bike to Work Day 2018 (May 10) Ford GoBike is giving everyone in the Bay Area a free 24-hour bike access pass for one day only, thanks to GenZe.
You’ll get unlimited 30-minute rides – as many trips as you want – for 24 hours on Thursday, May 10th – including their new ebikes “Ford GoBike Plus” available now in San Francisco.
Right now there’s over 6,900 bikes for sharing and 250+ stations, but by the end of 2018, they’ll be expanding to 7,000 bikes and 550 stations.
- Your free pass will include the first 30 minutes of each trip
- Take as many trips as you want in 24 hours
- Want to ride longer than 30 minutes? It’s just $3 for each additional 15 minutes.
- Unlimited rides on Ford GoBike Plus ebikes (San Francisco only)
How to Get Your Free 24-hour Pass
- Download the Ford GoBike app
- Click “Free Ride Day” anytime on May 10th
- Enter your information, and you’re ready to ride
Where are the Bike Stations? View a Map
- San Francisco – 115+ bike stations mostly around SoMa, Caltrain, Mission, Castro, Financial District, Market Street, Hayes Valley, Embarcadero and North Beach
- East Bay (Oakland / Berkeley / Emeryville) – 85+ bike stations – incl. Lake Merritt, Temescal, Uptown/Downtown Oakland, & Berkeley
- San Jose – 35 bike stations
Why 30 minutes? Because it’s Bike Share! The 24-hour pass allows you to zip from A to B, checking out a bike from any station for up to 30 minutes, and returning it to another once you’ve reached your destination, so that someone else can use the bike while you’re having lunch, visiting a museum or hanging out with friends.
And then when you’re ready, grab another bike and head out to your next destination.
Submitted by Johnny Funcheap