Noise Pop’s “Sunday Smörgåsbord”
A free Sunday festival filled with music, yoga, art, vinyl and cocktails
On Sunday, February 26, 11:30 am to 6 pm, Noise Pop Music & Arts Festival will bring the Sunday Smörgåsbord to Swedish American Hall for an afternoon of music-themed culture programming. Free with RSVP
- Noon – “Showga” Yoga Set to Live Music – Arrive between 11:30-noon to grab a spot, warm up, and hydrate on Sparkling Ice. During the 60 minute session, there will be live music performed while participants are guided through yoga postures and visualization exercises. All levels are welcome. Please bring a mat if you have one as they only have a limited number to borrow. Enjoy a musical performance from Sivan Lioncub of Everyone Is Dirty.
- 1 pm – The MailChimp Brunch Time Happy Hour – A toast to the attendees. Enjoy a complimentary beverage or specialty cocktail from The Bon Vivants of Cafe du Nord and Trick Dog.
- 3 pm – Noise Pop Live Podcast – Join host Adrian Spinelli and guests as they debut the first stage recording of The Noise Pop Podcast. For a taste of what’s to come, check out the latest episode featuring new music by Ty Segall, Priests, and Japanese Breakfast.
- 4 pm – Litquake: I Thought It Sucked, All-star Bay Area musicians, writers, and performers present dramatic readings of one-star reviews that trash the world’s most treasured music masterpieces. Relish in these misguided and often perplexing takedowns of acclaimed albums, music legends, and even historic venues.
- Music-lovers can comb through the vinyl of the 1-2-3-4 GO! Pop-Up Vinyl Store
- Noon to 6 pm – Vinyl Tapestry Part II: The Scarpati Brothers Rock Photo and Art Show – Peruse Scarpati’s images that span four waves of modern music and have become some of the most enduring icons of metal, rock, and punk. He’s worked with acts including Poison, Circle Jerks, Social Distortion and Rush. He’s been called the house photographer of the Sunset Strip. Grab some Sudden Coffee and soak in these rare photos and works of art.