25th Annual Surf City Classic: Woodies on the Wharf | Santa Cruz
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Santa Cruz Wharf | 21 Municipal Wharf, Santa Cruz, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Explore Northern California’s largest woodie show that features more than 200 stylish, pre-1952 wood-bodied cars.
I bought a ’30 Ford wagon and we call it a woody (Surf City, here we come). You know it’s not very cherry, it’s an oldie but a goody (Surf City, here we come). – Jan & Dean
Come to Santa Cruz and meet the Woodie, the original late ’20s to the ’50s, “boring ol’ station wagon.” In the ’60s, the Santa Cruz beach kids realized it’s cheap, roomy and great for hauling surfboards; ergo, an American icon was born.
2019 Surf City Classic: Woodies on the Wharf
Saturday, June 22, 2019 | 10 am to 4 pm
Santa Cruz Wharf
This year’s highlights:
- Music, t-shirts, and memorabilia
- Raffle prize drawings
- Get your 2019 WOW poster and have it signed by the artist
- Talk with Superheroes of the Sanctuary, local nonprofits protecting our ocean environment
- Get a photo crusin’ in the woodie photo booth
- Challenge your friends to a game of bocce or corn hole
- Woodies Parade off the Wharf at 3:30 pm
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Fairs & Festivals, History, South Bay