2014 Fat Tuesday Block Party | Fillmore Dist.
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Fillmore Center Plaza | 1475 Fillmore St. San Francisco, CA 94115
Fillmore Street comes alive with a neighborhood-wide Mardi Gras party during the annual Fat Tuesday in the Fillmore with a free blues concert and free New Orleans-style parade.
Fat Tuesday in the Fillmore
Tuesday, March 4, 2014 | 5-11 pm
Fillmore Center Plaza (near Ellis), San Francisco
FREE, but an RSVP is required
The celebration will commence with a free kick-off blues concert from 5-7 pm in the Fillmore Plaza featuring the legendary Bobbie “Spider” Webb & The Smooth Blues Band, followed by a festive second line New Orleans processional down the Fillmore Corridor led by Chief Takawaka (Henry Clement) and the Gumbo Band, along with stilt walkers and dancing.
The entire event is free, but if you purchase a $10 wristband, you’ll get access to food & drink specials along the Fillmore Corridor including:
- Food and libations at Fat Angel
- Chicken and waffles at Gussie’s
- Southern-inspired cuisine by 1300 on Fillmore
- Homemade cookies and ice cream at Bumzy’s Cookies and Miyako Ice Cream
- Yoshi’s Japanese
- Bruno’s Italian or Ethiopian cuisine
- Jazz from Sheba Piano Lounge
- Brooklyn Circus is offering a 10% discount, a free T-shirt and complimentary refreshment with conditional purchase