2022 Day of the Dead Community Celebration, Fashion Show, Concert + Living Altar (SF)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts | 2868 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Day of the Dead Community Celebration, Fashion Show, Concert and Living Altar, from 6-10 pm – at the Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts. Tickets are $5
“Dia de los Muertos” is the celebration of life and death. The celebration allows us to reflect on the cycle of life and death. Giving thanks and celebrating the memory of our loved ones, keeping them alive in our hearts through colorful “ofrendas” that highlight the beauty and rich traditions of Latin America. It is in our remembrance of the contributions and experiences of the loved ones that have passed on to reunite with the ancestors that they live forever in our hearts and minds.
Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts brings together local artists, musicians, poets, chefs, organizations, businesses, and most importantly local families to celebrate this beautiful tradition that blends Mesoamerican rituals, European religion, and Spanish Culture celebrated each year.
Full List of Dia de Los Muertos Activities
November 2, 2022
- Balmy Alley Presents: Day of the Dead, artists, merchandise and music from 12:30pm-9pm
- Altar Festival and Ritual Circle @ Parque Potrero del Sol, from 2pm-11pm. Ritual Circle at 5 pm Project Marigold Organizes
- Make Your Own Altar Workshop with Elizabeth Jimenez Montelongo, 5pm-6:30pm. , at the medicine for nightmares library
- 41st edition of the Day of the Dead Ritual Procession begins at 22nd and Bryant Streets at 6pm. , organized The Cultural Rescue Collective.
- Day of the Dead Community Celebration, Fashion Show, Concert and Living Altar, from 6-10 pm – at the Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Dia de los Muertos, In Person