SF’s Free “Day of the Dead” Make Your Own Mini Altar Workshop (2022)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Medicine for Nightmares Bookstore & Cultural Center | 3036 24th Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Wednesday, November 2, 2022 (5pm-6:30pm)
Artist: Elizabeth Jiménez Montelongo, Artist-in-Action at Root Division
Bilingual arts workshop to build a Day of the Dead ofrenda(altar) individually or as a family/group. Participation is free and open to the public. Facilitator will share information about the symbolism of the tradition. Materials will be provided except for empty boxes: Please bring three empty boxes (cereal, snack, tissue boxes, etc) of various sizes. If you bring additional boxes, they can be shared with others. Thank you!
Medicine for Nightmares Bookstore & Cultural Center
3036 24th Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
Full List of Dia de Los Muertos Activities
November 2, 2022
- Balmy Alley Presents: Day of the Dead, artists, merchandise and music from 12:30pm-9pm
- Altar Festival and Ritual Circle @ Parque Potrero del Sol, from 2pm-11pm. Ritual Circle at 5 pm Project Marigold Organizes
- Make Your Own Altar Workshop with Elizabeth Jimenez Montelongo, 5pm-6:30pm. , at the medicine for nightmares library
- 41st edition of the Day of the Dead Ritual Procession begins at 22nd and Bryant Streets at 6pm. , organized The Cultural Rescue Collective.
- Day of the Dead Community Celebration, Fashion Show, Concert and Living Altar, from 6-10 pm – at the Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts.