California’s Housing Crisis: Problems, Causes & Options | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Golden Gate University | 536 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Join Golden Gate University for a discussion on Affordable Housing in California with State and Local legislators and leaders.
Does this impact you or your business? Governor Newsom has made the state’s Housing Crisis a central focus of his new administration, signing an executive order to spur affordable housing development, and setting aside $1.75 billion in the budget for new housing production while asking the state legislature to look at ways to protect renters from out-of-control rent increases.
Newsom has set a goal of building 3.5 million new units by 2025 to help meet the demand. Even if he succeeds, will that be enough?
- Kate Hartley: SF Mayor’s Office of Housing & Community Development
- Matt Schwarz: CA Housing Partnership
- Ramon Kochavi: Marcus and Millichap Commercial Real Estate Investment
- Chris Martin: Housing California
- Zack Olmstead: California Department of Housing and Community Development
Keynote Speaker: Senator Scott Wiener – author of the most controversial bill in recent California history