Pleasant Hill’s 4th of July Parade, Festival & Fireworks | 2019
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Pleasant Hill Park | Cleaveland & Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Pleasant Hill Fourth of July hosts a full day of Commission members are busy finalizing the many fun activities for the 43rd annual Pleasant Hill 4th of July celebration for 2019.
Prior to the fireworks display we will all be treated to music performed live by The Ripplers. The music and the fireworks together make for a double treat.
The music will begin at approximately 7:15-7:30 pm and will continue until the fireworks display begins. So be sure to arrive at the field early enough to get a good place to sit and enjoy the music of The Ripplers.
Food for sale
There’s no need to cook dinner on this special day. As always, there will be hot food and refreshments for sale right on-site at the fireworks display. Steel Smokin’ BBQ will be at the CPHS venue cooking and serving up great tasting BBQ.
Also selling food will be Gotta Love Kettle Corn and IzzyA’s Frozen Custard. So bring along your family, your appetites, and be ready to enjoy a spectacular show. Food will be available for purchase starting at 6:30.
Schedule of Events:
- 7:50 am National Anthem – Mary Ann Ancheta, at Crescent Drive announcers stand across from Clock Tower
- 7:55 am 100-yard dash on Crescent Dr. for kids 7 and under
- 8:00 am 15th Annual Firecracker 5K Fun Run
The certified 5K Fun Run starts by the corner of Gregory Lane and Trelany Road in front of City Hall and ends on Crescent Drive near the clock tower. Proceeds benefit Pleasant Hill schools.
- 9:30–10:30 am Parade
Starts at Cleaveland Rd and Gregory Lane. Continues south on Cleaveland to Trelaney Rd, proceeds up Trelaney to Gregory, turns right on Gregory to Contra Costa Blvd, down Contra Costa to turn right on Crescent Dr, proceeds down Crescent to Boyd, turns right and finishes at Sequoia Middle School.
- 10:30 am–1:30 pm Party-in-the-Park
Don’t miss Buttons Z Clown roving in the park
Check out the Giant inflatables, Kids’ Gym & Slide, Kids’ Games – sack race, bean bag toss, crafts, Petting Zoo and more!
Food is available for purchase from Back 40 Texas BBQ, Gotta Love Kettle Corn, Cool Spoon Vending, and Izzy A’s Frozen Custard
- 10:30 am–11:30 am On Stage – Crosstown 5 Band
- 11:30 am–Noon Welcoming Ceremonies – Chris Tipton
-Presentation of the Colors – Scout Troop 282
-National Anthem – Emily Stone
-Ken Carlson – Mayor, City of Pleasant Hill
-Sandra Bonato – Board Chair, Rec & Park District
-Sandy Vinson – Commission Chair, Announcement of Grand Sponsors & Parade winners
- Noon–12:30 pm Watermelon-eating Contest
- 12:30 pm–1:30 pm On Stage – Crosstown 5 Band
- 6:30-10 pm Music, Food & Fireworks at College Park High School. Arrive early to stake out your favorite spot on the field.
- 6:30 pm Gates open. Food is available for purchase from Steel Smokin’ BBQ, Izzy A’s Frozen Custard & Gotta Love Kettle Corn.
- 7:15 pm Music begins, provided by The Ripplers.
- 9:20 pm Fireworks start.
Please consider a $5 donation per family.