Home » *Top Pick*, History, In Person, Lectures & Workshops, Literature, Online, San Francisco, Walks & Tours
San Francisco History Days 2020 (Sept. 25-27)
| Cost: FREE*
Dang! This event has already taken place.>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
In 2020 all will change! This year San Francisco History Days is presented in a refreshed format for the 10th anniversary of everyone’s favorite history event, an annual showcase brought to you by the San Francisco Department of Memory. Even physically distanced, we can gather around the joy of local history.
Bringing together independent historians, local history organizations, and the general public for informative fun, programs begin Friday, September 25, and lead into coordinated city-wide programming on Saturday, September 26 and Sunday, September 27. The weekend features select and safe in-person activities like guided walking tours, curated highlights from registered participants on the San Francisco History Days website, and live virtual presentations.
Learn about the participating organizations. Links to each group feature a mission statement or author/artist bio and featured fun or featured works, including event listings connected with that participant, and places to purchase copies of an author’s book.
There are four categories of programming this year:
- Events, which are in-person happenings at participating locations
- Presentations, which are traditional lectures, panel discussions, or film screenings with Q&As via Zoom
- Tours, which are guided walks presented in-person or virtually
- Author Talks, which is a casual 30-minute format meant to emulate the experience of walking up to a table and chatting with an author.
- Make sure you check out Shaping San Francisco’s “Exhibition” page
- Chris Carlsson is doing an Ask an Author Q&A session related to his book, Hidden San Francisco, on Friday, September 25.
4–4:30 PM, via Zoom, FREE, register.
- The editors of the book LisaRuth Elliott contributed to, A People’s Guide to the San Francisco Bay Area, is doing an Ask an Author Q&A session on Saturday, September 26.
11–11:30 AM, via Zoom, FREE, register.
View programs by day:
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, In Person
, Lectures & Workshops
, San Francisco
, Walks & Tours