AAA’s Tipsy Tow Program offers a free tow for drinking drivers in Northern California from 6 pm on most major holidays (read: popular times to get wasted) until 6 am the next morning, in Northern California, Nevada and Utah. And you don’t even have to be a AAA member.
For Tipsy Tow, call (800) 222-4357 (AAA-HELP) and tell the operator, “I need a Tipsy Tow” for a free tow of up to 10 miles. Service is restricted to a one-way ride for the driver and his or her vehicle to the driver’s home.
2014 AAA Tipsy Tow service:
- New Year’s Eve: 6:00 p.m. December 31st – 6:00 a.m. January 1st
- Super Bowl: 6:00 p.m. Sunday– 6:00 a.m. Monday
- St. Patrick’s Day: 6:00 p.m. March 17th – 6:00 a.m. March 18th
- Cinco de Mayo: 6:00 p.m. May 5th – 6:00 a.m. May 6th
- Independence Day: 6:00 p.m. July 4th – 6:00 a.m. July 5th
- Halloween: 6:00 p.m. October 31st – 6:00 a.m. November 1st
*Free tow up to 10 miles
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, New Year's Eve
, NYE - Free
, San Francisco Bay Area
Submitted by Rena