AAA’s Tipsy Tow Program offers a free tow for drinking drivers in Northern California from 6 pm on most major holidays (read: popular times to get wasted) until 6 am the next morning, in Northern California, Nevada and Utah. And you don’t even have to be a AAA member.
For Tipsy Tow, call (800) 222-4357 (AAA-HELP) and tell the operator, “I need a Tipsy Tow” for a free tow of up to 10 miles. Service is restricted to a one-way ride for the driver and his or her vehicle to the driver’s home.
AAA Tipsy Tow service:
- New Year’s Eve: 6:00 pm, December 31st – 6:00 am, January 1st
- Super Bowl: 6:00 pm, Sunday, February 1st– 6:00 am, Monday, February 2nd
- St. Patrick’s Day: 6:00 pm, March 17th – 6:00 am, March 18th
- Cinco de Mayo: 6:00 pm, May 5th – 6:00 am, May 6th
- Independence Day: 6:00 pm, July 4th – 6:00 am, July 5th
- Halloween: 6:00 pm, October 31st – 6:00 am, November 1st
*Free tow up to 10 miles
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, New Year's Eve
, NYE - Free
, San Francisco Bay Area
Submitted by Rena