Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Kids & Families, MLK Day, Outdoors, San Francisco Bay Area, San FranFREEsco, Sports & Wellness
Likely Cancelled: Free National Parks Day | MLK Jr. Day 2019
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Sometimes you’ve just got to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city to enjoy the serenity of a national park. On certain “fee-free” days throughout the year, enjoy free entry to all national parks and monuments including Muir Woods and Yosemite National Park and free admission aboard all of the historic vessels at the Hyde Street Pier of SF’s Maritime National Historical Park.
Free National Parks Day
Participating California National Parks:
- Cabrillo National Monument
- Death Valley National Park
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Lava Beds National Monument
- Muir Woods National Monument – Parking ($8) / shuttle ($3) reservations are required, even on “free” days. Shuttles pick up in Sausalito, Marin City Hub and Pohono Park & Ride. Get shuttle info
- Pinnacles National Park
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park – Hyde Street Pier historic vessels free of charge
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area
- Yosemite National Park
Check out all the fee-free national parks in the nation.
Please note, this is likely cancelled due to the government shutdown. Some national parks may remain accessible to visitors; however, access may change without notice. Some parks are closed completely. Some visitor services may be available when provided by concessioners or other entities. For most parks, there will be no National Park Service-provided visitor services, such as restrooms, trash collection, facilities, or road maintenance. For more information, see www.doi.gov/shutdown and the park website.
*The entrance fee waiver for fee-free days does not cover amenity or user fees for activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours. Although the entrance fee is waved, paid parking/shuttle reservations required for Muir Woods even on free days.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Kids & Families
, MLK Day
, San Francisco Bay Area
, San FranFREEsco
, Sports & Wellness
Address: 1 Muir Woods Road, Mill Valley, CA